Frequently Ask Questions for Weddings
Here are some typical questions I get asked, take a look and see if this covers some of your inquiries!
WHAT PRIMARY PHOTOGRAPHIC STYLE DO YOU IDENTIFY WITH?
Making photos at your wedding requires me to be excellent at several styles of wedding photography. I mainly consider myself a lifestyle editorial photographer. It’s quite the mash up really. Which means, most of my photos are very much candid and express a story true to your personality, while maintaining a few classic poses that might resemble magazine work. I love making lifestyle photos appear somewhat dramatic. I create these looks in Lightroom and Photoshop.
I HATE POSING FOR PICTURES. DO I HAVE TO POSE?
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE SHOOTING IN VARIOUS LIGHTING SITUATIONS?
Yes, I am very comfortable working in all types of lighting conditions. I can use available light (my favorite), or I have plenty of lights to create my own lighting (my other favorite).
WHAT GEAR DO YOU — USE?
- I use Full frame Nikon D750.
- 50mm f/1.8L lens
- 35mm f/1.4L lens
- 70-200 f/2.8L lens
- I always carry my gear in the Ona Bag . I could not love a bag more.
WHAT DO YOU EDIT WITH?
- Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop.
HOW LONG UNTIL I RECEIVE MY WEDDING PHOTOS BACK AFTER THE WEDDING?
- 8 Weeks after the wedding you will receive your photos.
SO I’VE DECIDED TO BOOK YOU FOR OUR WEDDING. WHAT’S NEXT??
- I like to meet all of my clients Face-to-Face to go over the paper work if you are available. Sometimes you guys live a little bit too far away so a phone call must suffice!
- At the end of our meeting we’ll sign the paperwork and I require a 25% deposit to hold your date.
DO YOU — USE A SECOND SHOOTER ON WEDDING DAYS? AND IF SO, WHO?
- Yes when your package includes it and thats what you want, I choose someone with a similiar style and we make it happen! My main second shooter is Tahjah, who has been in the photography game well over 10 years…. Check out her work out here! If she isn’t available I have a very long list of other professional photographers that are good friends to fill in that gap as well as several interns that I have trained personally. At the end of the day, even when second shooters hired, I am the only person who edits the photos.
DO YOU TRAVEL?
- OH YEAH BABY. I’m not super expensive when it comes to travel and I’m more than willing to work with your budget because I love it soooooo much! Although, travel expenses are not included in my pricing or covered by a package! Please discuss options with me, and let’s see how we can make this work. ?
WHERE ARE YOU FAVORITE PLACES TO SHOOT?
- Locally? New Orleans is the bees knees. But if we are talking Baton Rouge check out my blog here, for some great locations.
WHAT’S THE BEST TIME TO DO OUR PHOTOSHOOT?
- Sunset or sunrise! But since ya’ll know I’m a wine-o at night, and a coffee junkie in the morning before I wake up (sorry I am cranky in the morning), I always prefer those PM sessions! Sunset create beautiful light in the photos and softens the skin and overall makes the photo organically more beautiful before I even touch it in editing!
DO YOU EVER TRY AND PUBLISH YOUR WORK TO WEDDING BLOGS OR MAGAZINES?
- Yes and no. I strive to photograph everyone’s wedding unique to them. It’s not my goal to get anyones wedding published but to merely capture your memories the way that they need to be and with my own style. I do tend to shoot two different ways. I get certain shots the way a wedding blog would want them but I also get all of the shots that are most important. If I do decide to try and publish your wedding then I will send you a questionnaire form to get more details and whatnot of your day. But, like I said, my end goal is not to get published. I just want you to have beautiful wedding photos that will last the fabric of time.
I LOVE YOUR WORK AND WANT TO BOOK! HOW DO I DO THAT?!
- Easy!! Just go on over to my contact page HERE and fill out the information. The form will send me an email and I’ll be notified immediately and will respond as soon as I possibly can.
I’D LIKE TO BE APART OF YOUR INTERNSHIP, HOW DO I GET INVOLVED?
- I love having a local college-age aspiring photographers work alongside me and help out with shoots. It’s a win win! I get some extra hands and you get to learn. I accept 2 interns within the year at separate times ( 1 in the summer, 1 throughout the school year). If you are interested in working alongside me – feel free to tell me why, how, and a little about yourself on the contact page!
DO YOU HAVE A REPLACEMENT WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER IN CASE YOU BECOME UNAVAILABLE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT?
A: Yes, I have a network of experienced colleagues I can call upon, and I’m always making more friends. In this business, you can never have too many friends. Actually, I’m pretty sure that’s kind of true about life in general.
Love yall! Until next time….